Q: What do I need to do to study at Imagine Education?

A: To study at Imagine Education, simply send us an enrolment enquiry by clicking here, providing as much detail as possible. One of our friendly staff will contact you within 48 hours of your enrolment enquiry.

Q: What is the maximum number of students in a class?

A: ELICOS classes will have a maximum of 18 students.

Q: Do we get free internet access?

A: All students have free internet access. We have many computers situated in our student computer lab and in the library.

Q: What are the break times?

A: ELICOS Students in the early and late sessions will have a 15 minute break time in the middle of their session. Students in the High School Preparation course and the Young Learners Program study from 9am to 3pm and have a 45 minute lunch break as well as short breaks each hour.

Q: What do I need to do to study at Imagine Education?

A: To study at Imagine Education simply click on the green ‘Inquire Now’ button located at the top of the page. Follow the prompts, fill in your details and an Imagine Education will take care of the rest. One of our friendly staff will contact you within 48 hours of your enrolment enquiry. For Vocational Course break times, see the course timetables on the course page.

Q: What courses are offered?

A: Please check our Courses in Australia page for a full list of our courses.

Q: Where is Imagine Education?

A: Our main Campus and Head Office is located at 13 Benowa Road, Southport opposite Southport Park Shopping Centre.

Q: Is there public transport?

A: Surfside Buslines operates public buses that cover most areas of the Gold Coast. Direct buses to Imagine's Main Southport Campus are:

  • Route 18: Ashmore, Crestwood Heights, Molendinar, Pacific Fair, Southport
  • Route 5: Chevron Island, Coombahbah, Isle of Capri, Pacific Fair, Pine Ridge Rd, Southport, Surfers Paradise
  • Route 747: Australia Fair, Broadbeach Waters, Bundall, Gold Coast Arts Centre, Robina station, Robina Town Centre, Southport

For Surfside bus departure times, visit www.translink.com.au. We also have a FREE student bus service that departs twice a day. Go to the Student Services page for more information.

Q: Do I get a Certificate on completion of my course?

A: All ELICOS students receive a certificate upon completion at one of our weekly graduation ceremonies. Students studying Vocational courses will receive a Qualification or Record of Results specifying successfully completed units. Statement of Attainments will be issued for completed stand alone units.

Q: Is there a student common room?

A: The student common room opens onto lush surroundings. Inside there is a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable lounge chairs, food and drink machines as well as a student fridge and microwaves.

Q: Does Imagine Education provide Homestay?

A: Imagine sources Homestay families for our students through Gold Coast Student Accommodation Services. For more information, please click here.

Q: Can I bring my children to Australia with me?

A: For information on school age dependents, go to our Gold Coast Lifestyle section by clicking here.

Q: Is there an Orientation Test?

A: When courses start at Imagine Education students undergo an interview and a short written test. This enables students to be placed in an appropriate level within their course. All students MUST attend their orientation day. For more information on orientation days and times, click here.

Q: Do you have a counsellor?

A: We have personal, academic, and career counselling available for students.

Q: What are the Visa Requirements to study at Imagine Education?

A: The following:

Student Visa
A student visa is required for all students who wish to spend more than 12 weeks studying full-time in Australia. A student visa is offered once a student has accepted an offer of a full-time course of study with a CRICOS registered institution. Student Visa holders may work a maximum of 20 hours per week while they are studying. Under Australian Immigration Laws, Student Visa holders wishing to apply for a Working Visa must do so after study has commenced in Australia.

Tourist Visa
A Tourist Visa allows visitors to Australia to spend up to 12 months in the country and is appropriate for students wishing to study for a maximum of 3 months (12 weeks). You cannot extend a tourist visa in Australia.

Working Holiday Visa
The Working Holiday Visa allows a stay of up to 12 months during which time overseas visitors to Australia are permitted to do casual work while they are travelling. Working Holiday Visa holders cannot work more than 3 months with any one employer. Study is permitted for a maximum of 3 months (12 weeks) on a Working Holiday Visa and applicants must be aged between 18 and 30.

The information above is sourced from the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Citizenship and is subject to change. For further information visit www.immi.gov.au.